Friday, December 8, 2017

The Week of December 4-8

Hello everyone,

This week, my objective was to finish the prototype, minus the solar panels. I ran into two obstacles.

The first is that I was unaware at the time that Thursday was a short day, so there was no Greengineering. As a result, I had less working time.

The second is that getting my system to align is very hard. This is the prototype so far:

I am having difficulty getting the top pipe to drain directly into the bottom one without going off to the side. I plan to solve this by drilling a hole in the bottom of sufficient size so that it can drain right into the larger one below.

I have made the pump part of the system, and it runs smoothly.

I also am still measuring the solar panel's output under different weather conditions. So far, there have not been any cloudy days with class, so I have not gotten sufficient data. Though I will try to measure it when cloudy days come.



Thanks for reading,
Ben 

No comments:

Post a Comment