Thursday, October 26, 2017

The Week of October 23-26



Hello everyone,

I apologize for not writing an end of the week post last week. I was very busy and once I finally wrote it, it glitched and deleted the post.

This week was both productive and not productive. My objective was only to finish the prototype design. That has not entirely happened because the survey is still getting results.

However, I can still work on the principal parts of my design, since many parts are dependent of the survey results. This is the prototype thus far:
For now, I can build what is shown here. The only things that will change is possibly things being added. I have a lot of work I can do. For plants, I have decided to use basil, baby greens, and snow peas. The students from another part of Greengineering, aquaponics, found that plants will use what there is. In other words, there is little difference from plant to plant when doing hydroponics, except for plants that have low tolerance for water. Below are pictures of me making the tubes.

In the tubes are five holes. One for water, the other four for plants. It is sealed with foam and superglue on one end, while the other end is open. Inside is gutter foam. Eventually, I will plant my seeds in here and keep it somewhat submerged in water to simulate growing conditions.

I'll keep you posted,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment